From Cristian Cira <cmc0...@tigermail.auburn.edu>
Subject unsubscribe
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:32:22 GMT
Please unsubscribe be from this news feed

Thank you

Cristian Cira
Graduate Research Assistant
Parallel Architecture and System Laboratory(PASL)
Shelby Center 2105
Auburn University, AL 36849

From: yiyu jia [jia.yiyu@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 12:12 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: run hadoop in standalone mode

Hi,

I tried to run hadoop in standalone mode according to hadoop online document. But, I get error
message as below. I run command "./bin/hadoop jar hadoop-examples-1.1.1.jar pi 10 100".

13/01/18 01:07:05 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: localhost/127.0.0.1:8020<http://127.0.0.1:8020>.
Already tried 9 time(s); retry policy is RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10,
sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.ConnectException: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:8020<http://127.0.0.1:8020>
failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I disabled ipV6, firewall on my linux machine. But, i still get this error message. localhost
is bound with 127.0.01 . core-site.xml and mapreduce-site.xml are empty as they are not modified.

Anybody can give me a hint if I need to do some specific configuration to run hadoop in standalone
mode?

thanks and regards,

Yiyu