From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject Getting started recommendations
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:29:09 GMT
We are somewhat new to Hadoop and are looking to run some experiments with HDFS, Pig, and HBase.
With that in mind, I have a few questions:
What is the easiest (preferably free) Hadoop distro to get started with?  Cloudera?
What host OS distro/release is recommended?
What is the easiest environment to get started with?  Amazon EC2?  Is there anyone offering
virtual/hosted prebuilt Hadoop instances?
Where would we find some "big data" files that people have used for testing purposes?
Feel free to RTFM me to the right place ;-)
Thanks, john