From "David Parks" <davidpark...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tricks to upgrading Sequence Files?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 07:41:18 GMT
Anyone have any good tricks for upgrading a sequence file.

We maintain a sequence file like a flat file DB and the primary object in
there changed in recent development.

It's trivial to write a job to read in the sequence file, update the object,
and write it back out in the new format.

But since sequence files read and write the key/value class I would either
need to rename the model object with a version number, or change the header
of each sequence file.

Just wondering if there are any nice tricks to this.