From Dhaval Shah <prince_mithi...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Using distcp with Hadoop HA
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 23:23:55 GMT
No the datanodes are running on different sets of machines. The configuration looks like this:
The problem is that datanodes in clusterA are trying to connect to namenodes in clusterB (and
this seems random.. like it trying to randomly select from the 4 namenodes)

<property>
<name>dfs.nameservices</name>
<value>clusterA,clusterB</value>
<description>
Comma-separated list of nameservices.
</description>
<final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.nameservice.id</name>
<value>clusterA</value>
<description>
The ID of this nameservice. If the nameservice ID is not
configured or more than one nameservice is configured for
dfs.nameservices it is determined automatically by
matching the local node's address with the configured address.
</description>
<final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.ha.namenodes.clusterA</name>
<value>clusterAnn1,clusterAnn2</value>
<description>
The prefix for a given nameservice, contains a comma-separated
list of namenodes for a given nameservice (eg EXAMPLENAMESERVICE).
</description>
<final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.clusterA.clusterAnn1</name>
<value>clusterAnn1:8000</value>
<description>
Set the full address and IPC port of the NameNode process
</description>
<final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.clusterA.clusterAnn2</name>
<value>clusterAnn1:8000</value>
<description>
Set the full address and IPC port of the NameNode process
</description>
<final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.ha.namenodes.clusterB</name>
<value>clusterBnn1,clusterBnn2</value>
<description>
The prefix for a given nameservice, contains a comma-separated
list of namenodes for a given nameservice (eg EXAMPLENAMESERVICE).
</description>
<final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.clusterB.clusterBnn1</name>
<value>clusterBnn1:8000</value>
<description>
Set the full address and IPC port of the NameNode process
</description>
<final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.clusterB.clusterBnn2</name>
<value>clusterBnn2:8000</value>
<description>
Set the full address and IPC port of the NameNode process
</description>
<final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.client.failover.proxy.provider.clusterA</name>
<value>org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.ConfiguredFailoverProxyProvider</value>
<description>
Configure the name of the Java class which the DFS Client will
use to determine which NameNode is the current Active,
and therefore which NameNode is currently serving client requests.
</description>
<final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.client.failover.proxy.provider.clusterB</name>
<value>org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.ConfiguredFailoverProxyProvider</value>
<description>
Configure the name of the Java class which the DFS Client will
use to determine which NameNode is the current Active,
and therefore which NameNode is currently serving client requests.
</description>
<final>true</final>
</property>

Regards,