From vicki kozel <vicki_ko...@yahoo.com>
Subject cygwin hadoop permissions problems
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 05:47:42 GMT
I have to use cygwin on windows for my hadoop env. I get this problem running this sample
mapred command:
 bin/hadoop jar hadoop-examples-1.1.1.jar grep input output 'dfs[a-z.]+'

Failed to set permissions of path: \tmp\hadoop-cyg_server\mapred\local\taskTracker\cyg_server
to 0700

I have this entry in my hdfs.site:

and I still am getting the error.

 I also applied a patch that was supposed to fix this problem, and refered to it in my core-site,xml
like this:
        <description>Enables patch for issue HADOOP-7682 on Windows</description>

but the error persists.

 Any thoughts?
Thank you!
View raw message