Tariq
+91-9741563634
https://mtariq.jux.com/

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Junior Mint <junior.minto.0@gmail.com> wrote:
who can tell me ,how to unscript this maillist....

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Marcin Mejran <marcin.mejran@hooklogic.com> wrote:

Yeah, oozie sounds like the best approach. I think “timeout” in Oozie refers to something different (stopping a coordinator if it hasn’t started within X minutes) but the SLA mechanism should do what’s asked for.

-Marcin

From: Ted Dunning [mailto:tdunning@maprtech.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:12 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Alerting

Also, I think that Oozie allows for timeouts in job submission.  That might answer your need.

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Ted Dunning <tdunning@maprtech.com> wrote:

You can write a script to parse the Hadoop job list and send an alert.

The trick of putting a retry into your workflow system is a nice one.  If your program won't allow multiple copies to run at the same time, then if you re-invoke the program every, say, hour, then 5 retries implies that the previous invocation has been running for 5 hours.