From Mark Grover <grover.markgro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:15:15 GMT
Thanks folks.

Zizon: The JIRA you suggested (HADOOP-8968) has a fix version of
1.2.0. It can't be used on the 1.1.1 release.

Harsh: I did try rebuilding the examples jar by doing "ant examples"
which failed (for a different reason), it seems like that changed the
version of the datanode for some reason that caused this issue.

The line that caused the problem in build.xml is
<property name="version" value="1.1.2-SNAPSHOT"/>

Is that the right thing to do? Or, should we ship build.xml with
version value as 1.1.1 in released tarballs?