From "Kartashov, Andy" <Andy.Kartas...@mpac.ca>
Subject shutting down instance
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:34:54 GMT

Last week you mentioned that you are running your cluster on EC2 that you shut them down instance(s)
over the weekend.

Since I shutdown the EC2 instance every night, I thought that using 'master','slave1','slave2'
will save typing after the full host name change with reboot.

Whenever I re-start an instance on Amazon cloud my both internal and external ip addresses
for the instance change... ?

p.s. Has anyone  successfully configured Zookeeper to curb this matter?

From: yinghua hu [mailto:yinghua.hu@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:06 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: error running pi program

Hi, Steve

These are very helpful suggestions! Thanks!

I will try using SSH proxy and see how it goes.
On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com<mailto:stevel@hortonworks.com>>

On 10 November 2012 18:30, yinghua hu <yinghua.hu@gmail.com<mailto:yinghua.hu@gmail.com>>
Thanks Steve,

Your suggestion is very helpful. But I only have terminal access to the EC2 NN. To run internet
browser there will be a lot of more work.

the SSH proxy sets up something that appears to be a SOCKs proxy -but which routes to the
far end; you set your browser to go through this proxy (foxyproxy is a good firefox plugin
here), and then your browser has access to all the machines

see http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/use-ssh-create-http-proxy

Since my cluster will be shut down at night and weekend. I will prefer to have an IP that
does not change. How do you think of using EC2 Elastic IP?

not tried that; I have used dyndns.org<http://dyndns.org> to self register an IP address
that changes every time you bring up an instance, but whose browser bookmarks can remain fixed

the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le pr?sent courriel et toute pi?ce jointe
qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, prot?g?s par le droit d'auteur et peuvent ?tre couverts
par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autoris?e est interdite.
Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez imm?diatement
l'exp?diteur. Veuillez penser ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer le pr?sent courriel

View raw message