From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REg - Hive
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:19:43 GMT
do you mean to say you want to say "select * from table where
anycolumn like/equal newyork" ? and then see the column
definition/name where it occurs ?

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM, sudha sadhasivam
<sudhasadhasivam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sir
>
> In our system, we need hive query to  retrieve the field name where a particular data
item belongs
> For example, if we have a table having location information, when queried for New York,
the query should retuen the field names where New York occurs like "City", "Administrative
division" etc.

--
Nitin Pawar