From Dan Richelson <drichel...@tendrilinc.com>
Subject Re: Pig vs hive performance
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 02:50:20 GMT
Anecdotally I can say that Pig seems to scale down better than Hive.
We see this in tests- hive scripts running small amounts of data take
much longer than similar Pig scripts. Hive parallel settings are
enabled. I think this has to do with the fact that there doesn't seem
to be a 'local' mode for hive- you have to run it as mapreduce jobs
(either embedded or on a cluster). Please correct me if I am wrong
here.

--
Dan Richelson, Software Engineer

Tendril
2560 55th St. | Boulder, Colorado 80301
M 303-709-2214
www.tendrilinc.com

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.