From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suitability of HDFS for live file store
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:21:50 GMT
Seems like a heavyweight solution unless you are actually processing the
images?

Wow, no mapreduce, no streaming writes, and relatively small files.  Im
surprised that you are considering hadoop at all ?

Im surprised there isnt a simpler solution that uses redundancy without all
the
daemons and name nodes and task trackers and stuff.

Might make it kind of awkward as a normal file system.

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC