From yuliya Feldman <yufeld...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: using log4j to suppress messages
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 05:33:28 GMT
This is hbase class, not hadoop so your setting should be:

log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles=WARN

Plus for consistency you probably want to update log4j.properties under hbase/conf
Of course if both are sourced it doe snot matter, but anyway.

Thanks.

________________________________
 From: Jonathan Bishop <jbishop.rwc@gmail.com>
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 4:59 PM
Subject: using log4j to suppress messages

Hi,

I would like to suppress messages on the console like...

12/10/29 16:56:03 INFO mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles: Trying to load hfile=hdfs...

So I added the following line to log4j.properties in my hadoop/conf dir...

.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles=WARN

and rebooted hbase and hadoop. But I still see the messages.

I also tried...

log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles=WARN

but no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jon