From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: WEBHDFS vs HDFSPROXY which one is faster
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:11:13 GMT
Hi,

WebHDFS is faster/scalable as it lets the client directly access a DN
to read off of, and hence requires that the client be able to access
all nodes of the HDFS cluster. The HttpFs (what hdfsproxy is now
'called') is instead useful as a gateway service if clients are not
allowed to access all DN nodes of a given cluster.

--
Harsh J