From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: libhdfs install dep
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:29:35 GMT
I'd recommend using the packages for Apache Hadoop from Apache Bigtop
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP). The ones
upstream (here) aren't maintained as much these days.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Pastrana, Rodrigo (RIS-BCT)
<Rodrigo.Pastrana@lexisnexis.com> wrote:
> Leo, yes I'm working with hadoop-1.0.1-1.amd64.rpm from Apache's download site.
> The rpm installs libhdfs in /usr/lib64 so I'm not sure why I would need the hadoop-<*>libhdfs*
rpm.

> Any idea why the installed /usr/lib64/libhdfs.so is not detected by the package managers?
>
> Thanks, Rodrigo.

zypper, etc) report libhdfs.so as a missing dependency eventhough Hadoop has been installed
via rpm package, and libhdfs.so is installed as well.

--
Harsh J