From Varad Meru <meru.va...@gmail.com>
Subject Passing Command-line Parameters to the Job Submit Command
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 07:54:40 GMT

I want to run the PiEstimator example from using the following command

$hadoop job -submit pieestimatorconf.xml

which contains all the info required by hadoop to run the job. E.g. the
input file location, the output file location and other details.

Now, as we now, to run the PiEstimator, we can use the following command too

$hadoop jar hadoop-examples.1.0.3 pi 5 10

where 5 and 10 are the arguments to the main class of the PiEstimator. How
can I pass the same arguments (5 and 10) using the job -submit command
through conf. file or any other way, without changing the code of the
examples to reflect the use of environment variables.

Thanks in advance,

Varad Meru
Software Engineer,
Business Intelligence and Analytics,