From Nitin Kesarwani <bumble....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avro
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2012 06:43:33 GMT

You can use this patch to suit your need:

New fields in Avro schema descriptor file need to have a non-null default
value. Hence, using the new schema file, you should be able to read older
data as well. Try it out. It is very straight forward.

Hope this helps!

I've heard that Avro provides a good way of dealing with changing schemas.