From "Juan P." <gordoslo...@gmail.com>
Subject Locked Job
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:13:28 GMT
Hi guys!

I need some clarification on the expected behavior for a hadoop MapReduce
job.

Say I was to create a Mapper task which never ends. It reads the first line
of input and then reads data from an external service eternally. If the
service is empty it will lock until data is available.

   - Will the jobtracker continue to receive the Heartbeat?
   - Will the jobtracker kill the task at some point?

I know that it's not the way Hadoop was intended to be used, I just need to
clarify this specific scenario.

Thank you!