From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject Mechanism of hadoop -jar
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 22:09:05 GMT
Hi guys:  I'm trying to find documentation on how "hadoop jar" actually
works i.e. how it copies/runs the jar file across the cluster, in order to
debug a jar issue.

1) Where can I get a good explanation of how the hadoop commands (i.e.
-jar) are implemented ?

2) Specifically, Im trying to access a bundled text file from a jar :

class.getResource("myfile.txt")

from inside a mapreduce job.... Is it okay to do this ?  Or does a classes
ability to aquire local resources change  in the mapper/reducer JVMs ?

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC