From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Decommisioning runs for ever
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 01:26:36 GMT
Yup.

By default it looks like 10MB/Sec.
With 1GBe, you could probably push this up to 100MB/Sec or even higher depending on your cluster
usage.
10GBe... obviously higher.

On Aug 6, 2012, at 8:15 PM, "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <Ananda.Murugan@honeywell.com>
wrote:

> Are you referring to this setting dfs.balance.bandwidthPerSec ?

and ours is a four node cluster. I also have HBase installed in my cluster. I have shut down
region server in this node.

>> For decommissioning, I did the following steps
>>

>> *   Added the following XML in hdfs-site.xml
>>
>> <property>
>>
>> <name>dfs.hosts.exclude</name>
>>
>> <value>/full/path/of/host/exclude/file</value>
>>
>> </property>
>>

>> *         Ran "<HADOOP_HOME>/bin/hadoop dfsadmin -refreshNodes"
>>

>> But node decommissioning is running for the last 6 hrs. I don't know when it will
get over. I am in need of this node for other activities.

>> From HDFS health status JSP:
>>
>> Cluster Summary
>> 338 files and directories, 200 blocks = 538 total. Heap Size is 16.62 MB / 888.94
MB (1%)