From Chris Collins <chris_j_coll...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: example usage of s3 file system
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 07:21:57 GMT
Thanks Haavard, I am aware of that page but I am not sure why you are pointing me to it.  This
really looks like a bug where Jets3tNativeFileSystemStore is parsing a response from jets3t.
 its looking for ResponseCode=404 but actually getting ResponseCode: 404.  I dont see how
it ever worked looking back through the versions of release code.

I took a copy of the s3native package and made a fix and seems to get around the issue.

I have reported it to the issues email alias, I will see if there is actually any interest
in this problem.

Cheers

On Aug 29, 2012, at 12:11 AM, Håvard Wahl Kongsgård <haavard.kongsgaard@gmail.com>
wrote:

> see also
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/AmazonS3
>
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Chris Collins
> <chris_j_collins@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi I am trying to use the Hadoop filesystem abstraction with S3 but in my tinkering
I am not having a great deal of success.  I am particularly interested in the ability to mimic
a directory structure (since s3 native doesnt do it).

>> Can anyone point me to some good example usage of Hadoop FileSystem with s3?
>>
>> I created a few directories using transit and AWS S3 console for test.  Doing a liststatus
of the bucket returns a FileStatus object of the directory created but if I try to do a liststatus
of that path I am getting a 404:

>> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.S3Exception: org.jets3t.service.S3ServiceException: Request
Error. HEAD '/aaaa' on Host ....