From Corbett Martin <comar...@nhin.com>
Subject REST API returning op not supported
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:48:22 GMT
Hadoop newbie here...

Trying to make a REST call from curl but no matter what I try I'm always getting this exception:

curl -i -X PUT "http://my-hadoop-host:50075/webhdfs/v1/user/hduser/foo?op=MKDIRS"

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Server: Jetty(6.1.26)

{"RemoteException":{"exception":"UnsupportedOperationException","javaClassName":"java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException","message":"op=MKDIRS
is not supported"}}

Same result different operation:

curl -i "http://my-hadoop-host:50075/webhdfs/v1/user/hduser?op=LISTSTATUS"
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Server: Jetty(6.1.26)

{"RemoteException":{"exception":"UnsupportedOperationException","javaClassName":"java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException","message":"op=LISTSTATUS
is not supported"}}

Any ideas what's wrong?  Running Hadoop 1.0.2 with this in my hdfs-site.xml

  <property>
    <name>dfs.webhdfs.enabled</name>
    <value>true</value>
    <description>Enable or disable webhdfs. Defaults to false</description>
  </property>

Thanks in advance

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of National Health
Systems, Inc. and may contain confidential and proprietary information. This email and any
files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this message, or the taking of any unauthorized action based on information
contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information contained herein
may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message immediately and notify the sender immediately by
telephone or by replying to this transmission.