From Keith Wiley <kwi...@keithwiley.com>
Subject web-tracker question
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 22:28:05 GMT
I'm curious about the relationship between the namenode/job/task trackers and the machine's
web server?  Do the former require the latter?  Does successful connection to the trackers
imply that the machine has a web server up and running?  I realize the ports are totally different
(web is generally port 80), but the trackers are headed with the "http" URI, so I'm a little
unsure if that means anything w.r.t. my question.  Can you run and access the trackers on
a machine that doesn't have a webserver installed or running?

I know, it's a weird question.  Thanks for any quick response.

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches
me to suspect that my own is also."
                                           --  Mark Twain

View raw message