From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: set up Hadoop cluster on mixed OS
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 15:08:10 GMT
You can setup a minimally working cluster, but note that artifacts
such as native code for compression codecs and the LinuxTaskController
for security, etc. may not work out of the box across all the
platforms. So if you run jobs with compression that demands native
codecs, it may only be passing on your Linux boxes, not the OSX ones.

--
Harsh J