From Prajakta Kalmegh <pkalm...@gmail.com>
Subject (Repost) Using REST to get ApplicationMaster info
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 08:29:15 GMT
Re-posting as I haven't got a solution yet. Sorry for spamming. I won't be
able to proceed in my code until I get a JSON response using AppMaster REST
URL. :(

Thanks,
Prajakta

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Prajakta Kalmegh <pkalmegh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Robert/Harsh
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> My RM is starting just fine. The problem is with the use of http://<proxy httpddress:port>/proxy/{appid}/ws/v1/mapreduce
> to get the JSON response.
>
> As I said before, I had not configured the yarn.web-proxy.address property in yarn-site.xml.
I assumed it will use the RM's yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address property value as default.
However, it gives me a '404-Page not found error'.  Today I tried specifying a value explicitly
for the yarn.web-proxy.address property.

> On running the wordcount example, it even gives a url <http://localhost:8090>/proxy/{appid}/>
to track the App Mast info.    However, I am still not able to get a json response.

given on page <http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r2.0.0-alpha/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/HistoryServerRest.html>

> HistoryServer REST response does not give me jobids corresponding to an application.
It just lists all the jobs run until now. By the way, the documentation does say

> "Both of the following URI's give you the history server information, from an application
id identified by the appid value.
>   * http://<history server http address:port>/ws/v1/history
>   * http://<history server http address:port>/ws/v1/history/info"
> ---------
>
> But there is no provision to specify the application id with these REST URLs.
>
> Any idea how I can get the Application Master REST working and also linking jobids to
application id using the HistoryServerREST API?