From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Which hadoop version shoul I install in a production environment
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 23:18:35 GMT
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Pablo Musa <pablo@psafe.com> wrote:

> Which is the latest stable hadoop version to install in a production
> environment with package manager support?

 The current stable version of Hadoop is 1.0.3. It is available as both
source and rpms from here:

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html#Download

Which is the latest stable hadoop version to install in a production
> environment with package manager support?

Apache Ambari is a new project that can be used to install the Hadoop
ecosystem including Hadoop 1.0.3 and HBase 0.92.1 using rpms and providing
a web-based UI to control and monitor your cluster. They are in the process
of making their first release and we would love to discuss it with you on
ambari-user@apache.org.

-- Owen