From Tim Broberg <Tim.Brob...@exar.com>
Subject Re: detect if splittable compression is working?
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 21:04:46 GMT
What version of Hadoop are you using?

    - Tim.

On Jul 14, 2012, at 1:20 PM, "Denny Lee" <denny.g.lee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what's the best way to detect if splits of compression is
> working?  The reason I ask is that we're testing out different compression
> settings of LZO, gzip, RAW, BZ2, and Snappy and I'm getting some very hinke
> results.  To help debug, just wanted to find out if there is an easy way if
> the split of compressed files is working.
> Thanks!
> Denny

The information contained in this email is intended only for the personal and confidential
use of the recipient(s) named above.  The information and any attached documents contained
in this message may be Exar confidential and/or legally privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination or reproduction of
this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message.

View raw message