From Tim Broberg <Tim.Brob...@exar.com>
Subject RE: Permission request from "Translation for education"
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 16:27:13 GMT
Vseslava, the hadoop project and its documentation are licensed under the Apache 2 license.

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

I'm not a lawyer, but this sounds to me like a "derivative work" which you are free to create
and distribute.

    - Tim.

From: vseslava.kavchich@gmail.com [vseslava.kavchich@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 9:34 PM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Permission request from "Translation for education"

Hey there,

I am a student at the Department of Foreign Languages and at the same time
a volunteer at an organization named “Translation for Education”. I love
surfing on the Internet and being informed about the latest happenings
around me. Unfortunately, most of my fellow citizens don’t know English, so
that makes them feel somehow excluded from all this variety of useful info
from the Internet.
That was the reason that made me decide to start being a volunteer at such
an NGO. So I created a blog, where I post translations of some of the texts
that really caught my attention. Sometimes it’s a simple description of
some organization, and sometimes it might be a narrowly specialized
scientific article.
Don’t you think that I do that without authors’ permission! I do ask them
if they let me translate and then post the translation on my blog. And if
they don’t, then they don’t.
So I am asking you about the same, actually. Could you provide me the
permission to translate the article on page
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/hdfs_user_guide.html into , on
condition that the translation is absolutely non-commercial and I will
mention and credit you as the author of the article, and put the link to
your source next to my translation too.

Hoping for your understanding and waiting for your answer!

Cheers,

The information contained in this email is intended only for the personal and confidential
use of the recipient(s) named above.  The information and any attached documents contained
in this message may be Exar confidential and/or legally privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination or reproduction of
this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message.