From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Can I remove a folder on HDFS when decommissioning a data node?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:00:41 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Michael Segel
<michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes you can remove a file while there is a node or node(s) being decommissioned.
>
> I wonder if there's a way to manually clear out the .trash which may also give you more
space.

There's no way to do that across all users presently (for each user,
-expunge works though), other than running a manual rm (-skipTrash)
command for the .Trash files under each /user/* directory. I suppose
we can add in an admin command to clear out all trash manually
(forcing, other than relying on the periodic auto-emptier thread).

--
Harsh J