From Pierre Antoine DuBoDeNa <pad...@gmail.com>
Subject master and slaves are running but they seem disconnected
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 19:52:10 GMT
Hello everyone..

I have a cluster of 5 VMs, 1 as master/slave the rest are slaves. I run
bin/start-all.sh everything seems ok i get no errors..

I check with jps in all server they run:

master:
22418 Jps
21497 NameNode
21886 SecondaryNameNode
21981 JobTracker
22175 TaskTracker
21688 DataNode

slave:
3161 Jps
2953 DataNode
3105 TaskTracker

But  in the web interface i get only 1 server connected.. is like the
others are ignored.. Any clue why this can happen? where to look for errors?

The hdfs web interface:

Live Nodes<http://fusemaster.cs.columbia.edu:50070/dfsnodelist.jsp?whatNodes=LIVE>
: 1 Dead Nodes<http://fusemaster.cs.columbia.edu:50070/dfsnodelist.jsp?whatNodes=DEAD>
: 0
it doesn't even show the rest slaves as dead..

can it be a networking issue? (but i start all processes from master and it
starts all processes to all others).

best,
PA