From Pierre Antoine DuBoDeNa <pad...@gmail.com>
Subject use hdfs as normal file system?
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 20:22:05 GMT
Hello,

I have installed hdfs to use it with hadoop and hbase. I am wondering if i
can use it as a normal file system too that just connects several HDDs ?

For example i can see the files i have stored through the webinterface
(browse filesystem) or with the dfs commands. However if I go to the exact
location in the hdfs directory there is nothing. Everything is stored in an
"hdfs format".

Is it possible to go to /app/hadoop/tmp/data/text.txt for example in some
way? Can i use it in such way?

I just want to avoid to install NFS servers as i already have in place
hdfs.

Best,
PA