From Prajakta Kalmegh <pkalm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop-Git-Eclipse
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 12:54:53 GMT
Hi

Yes I did configure using the wiki link at
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment.
I am facing a new problem while setting up Hadoop in Psuedo-distributed
mode on my laptop.  I am trying to execute the following commands for
setting up Hadoop:
hdfs namenode -format
hdfs namenode
hdfs datanode
yarn resourcemanager
yarn nodemanager

It gives me a "Hadoop Common not found." error for all the commands. When I
try to use "hadoop namenode -format" instead, it gives me a deprecated
command warning.

I am following the instructions for setting up Hadoop with Eclipse given in
- http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToSetupYourDevelopmentEnvironment
-
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r2.0.0-alpha/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/SingleCluster.html

This issue is discussed in JIRA <
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2014 > and is resolved. Not sure
why I am getting the error.

My environment variables look something like:
HADOOP_COMMON_HOME=/home/Projects/hadoop-common/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/hadoop-common-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/home/Projects/hadoop-common/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/hadoop-common-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/etc/hadoop
HADOOP_HDFS_HOME=/home/Projects/hadoop-common/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/target/hadoop-hdfs-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME=/home/Projects/hadoop-common/hadoop-mapreduce-project/target/hadoop-mapreduce-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
YARN_HOME=/home/Projects/hadoop-common/hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-common/target/hadoop-yarn-common-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
YARN_CONF_DIR=/home/Projects/hadoop-common/hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/conf

I have included them in the PATH. I am trying to build and setup from
apache-hadoop-common git repository (my own cloned fork). Any idea why
'Hadoop Common Not found' error is coming? Do I have to add anything to the
hadoop-config.sh or hdfs-config.sh?

Regards,
Prajakta

Deniz Demir <denizdemir@me.com>
06/08/2012 05:35 PM
Please respond to
common-user@hadoop.apache.org
common-user@hadoop.apache.org,
 cc
 Subject
 Re: Hadoop-Git-Eclipse

I did not find that screencast useful. This one worked for me:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment

Best,
Deniz

http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/04/configuring-eclipse-for-hadoop-development-a-screencast/