From "Dai, Jason" <jason....@intel.com>
Subject RE: Open source of HiBench 2.1 (a Hadoop benchmark suite)
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2012 03:32:54 GMT
Hi Tim,

The data files are only for nutchindexing and bayes; other workloads can run without the data

There are still on-going development on HiTune, with the current focus on its ease of deployment
(i.e., eliminating the additional Hadoop cluster used by Chukwa). And we would like to get
your feedbacks on how to improve HiTune and HiTune after you try them out.

From: Tim Broberg <Tim.Broberg@exar.com<mailto:Tim.Broberg@exar.com>>
Date: Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Subject: RE: Open source of HiBench 2.1 (a Hadoop benchmark suite)
To: "common-user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:common-user@hadoop.apache.org>" <common-user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:common-user@hadoop.apache.org>>

Jason, HiBench looks very interesting, and I'm downloading the data files now to try it out.

HiTune looks extremely useful as well, but it looks like it is still at a prerelease level
(0.9), and has been a year between commits. Is there ongoing development / maintenance on
this project, and if so, will those updates be released to the public?

   - Tim.