From "Ellis H. Wilson III" <el...@cse.psu.edu>
Subject Re: Error: Too Many Fetch Failures
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 03:10:58 GMT
On 06/19/12 20:42, Raj Vishwanathan wrote:
> You are probably having a very low somaxconn parameter ( default centos has it at 128
, if I remember correctly). You can check the value under /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn

Aha!  Excellent, it does seem it's at the default, and that particular
sysctl item had slipped my notice:
[ellis@pool100 ~]$ cat /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn
128

> Can you also check the value of ulimit -n? It could be  low.

I did look for and alter this already, but it is set fairly high from
what I can tell:
[ellis@pool100 ~]$ ulimit -n
16384

I altered both of these in /etc/sysctl.conf and have forced them to be
re-read with `sysctl -p` on all nodes.  I will report back if this fixes
the issues tomorrow.

Thanks again to all!

ellis