From Ondřej Klimpera <klimp...@fit.cvut.cz>
Subject Re: Dealing with low space cluster
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:16:22 GMT
Thanks, I'll try.

One more question, I've got few more nodes, which can be added to the
cluster. But how to do that?

If I understand it (according to Hadoop's wiki pages):

1. On master node - edit slaves file and add IP addresses of new nodes
(everything clear)
2. log in to each newly added node and run (it's clear to me too)

$ hadoop-daemon.sh start datanode
$ hadoop-daemon.sh start tasktracker

3. Now I'm not sure, I'm not using dfs.include/mapred.include, do I have
to run commands:

$ hadoop dfsadmin -refreshNodes
$ hadoop mradmin -refreshNodes

If yes, must it be run on master node, or new slaves nodes?

Ondrej