From Sandeep Reddy P <sandeepreddy.3...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop on physical Machines compared to Amazon Ec2 / virtual machines
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 18:41:53 GMT
We are getting 100TB of data with replication factor of 3 this goes to
300TB of data. We are planning to use hadoop with 65nodes. We want to know
which option will be better in terms of hardware either physical Machines
or deploy hadoop on EC2. Is there any document that supports use of
physical machines.
Hardware specs:  2 quad core cpu, 32 Gb Ram, 12*1 Tb hard drives , 10Gb
Ethernet Switches costs $10k for each machine. Is that cheaper to use EC2
?? will there be any performance issues??