From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Question about reducers
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 12:21:49 GMT
Hi,

This may be cause, depending on your scheduler, only one Reducer may
be allocated per TT heartbeat. A reasoning of why this is the case is
explained here: http://search-hadoop.com/m/KYv8JhkOHc1

You may have better results in 1.0.3 using an alternative scheduler
such as FairScheduler with multiple-assignments-per-heartbeat turned
on (See http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/fair_scheduler.html
and boolean property "mapred.fairscheduler.assignmultiple" to enable)
or via CapacityScheduler (See
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/capacity_scheduler.html)
which does it as well (OOB).

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Andrés Durán <duran@tadium.es> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>        I'm working with a Hadoop, version is 1.0.3 and configured in pseudo-distributed
mode.

>        I have 128 reducers tasks and it's running in a local machine with 32 cores.
The job is working fine and fast it  takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to fininsh. But when the
Job starts, the reducers are comming to the running phase from the tasks queue very slow,
it takes 7 minutes to allocate 32 tasks in the running phase. Why is too slow to allocate
task in running mode? It's possible to adjust any variable in the jobs tracker setup to reduce
this allocation time?

--
Harsh J