From Jagat <jagatsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Need to improve documentation for v 0.23.x ( v 2.x)
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 19:21:11 GMT
Hello All,

As Apache Hadoop community is ready to release the next 2.0 alpha version
of Hadoop , i would like to bring attention towards need to make better
documentation of the tutorials and examples for the same.

Just one short example

See the Single Node Setup tutorials for v
1.x<http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.2/single_node_setup.html>and
0.23<http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.23.1/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/SingleCluster.html>,
you can say 0.23  author is in hurry with keeping all things in
assumption that reader knows everything what and where to do.

We should spend some time on documentation , with so many beautiful
features coming it would be great if you guys plan some special hackathon
meetings to improve its documentation , code examples so that people can
understand how to use them effectively.

At present only two people can understand 0.23 , those who wrote the code
and the other one is java compiler who is verifying its code :)

*Tom White , *I request if you are reading this message , please pick-up
your pen again to write Hadoop Definitive Guide edition 4th dedicated to
next release for greater benefit of community.

Thanks