From Adalberto Medeiros <adal...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Subject Build Hadoop on ppc64 - contribute documentation
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 15:18:03 GMT
Hello!

I have built hadoop for ppc64 (IBM Power), based on branch-1 source, and
I would like to contribute to the Wiki a document on how to do that.
Where should be the appropriate place to add it?

Just for more information, there are a couple of tricks needed for
building it. They are related to the following Jiras;

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-249
There is also a need to apply a patch from fedora project :
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=apache-commons-daemon.git;a=blob_plain;f=apache-commons-daemon-ppc64-configure.patch;hb=53035f61b1bd51026377d5bcbc58d55f7f6e711d

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8333
The patch to compile fuse-dfs is not ready yet, but there is a
workaround which consists of changing the value for AM_LDFLAGS in
Makefile.am file. May I add this patch to the Jira, until there is a
proper solution for it?

Regards,

Adalberto Medeiros
Linux Technology Center - Software Engineer
IBM Brazil
Email:adalbas@linux.vnet.ibm.com