From Shi Yu <sh...@uchicago.edu>
Subject Re: Nested map reduce job
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 21:32:29 GMT
A quick glance at your problem indicates that you might have a design
problem with your code. In my opinion you should avoid nested Map/Reduce
job.  You could use chain Map/Reduce,  but the nested or recursive
structure is not suggested.  I don't know how you implemented your
nested M/R job, maybe showing some code fragment?  For the permutation
problem, it might be easier to split the permutation candidates for
Mappers, then sort (discard duplicated values) at reducers.
Permutation of 3 million values seems huge, are you sure you want to
permutation all 3 million values (what problem requires that
permutation) or you just need to permute a small set sampled from those
3 million values?

Shi