From "yingnan.ma" <yingnan...@ipinyou.com>
Subject about rebalance
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 01:36:46 GMT

Hi,

I add 5 new datanode and I want to do the rebalance, and I started the rebalance on the namenode,
and it gave me the notice that

"starting balancer, logging to /hadoop/logs/hadoop-hdfs-balancer-hadoop220.out "

and today I check the log file and the detail is that

"
Another balancer is running. Exiting...
Balancing took 5.0203 minutes
"

1) I am not sure that whether I should start the rebalance on the namenode or on each new
datanode.
2) should I set the bandwidth on each datanode or just only on the namenode
3) If the rebalance started, whether the data on others' would be decreased

4)whether the log details means the balancer was killed by another one.

If you have some suggestion, please give me some notice , thank you

Best Regards

Malone
2012-05-30

Yingnan.Ma
E    yingnan.ma@ipinyou.com
MSN:  mayingnan_blue@hotmail.com
QQ: 230624226
北京市朝阳区八里庄西里100号东区 住邦2000,1号楼A座2101室,100025
      北京・上海・硅谷
http://www.ipinyou.com