From Wilson Wayne - wwilso <Wayne.Wil...@acxiom.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop in Eclipse
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 22:40:59 GMT
Thanks for the quick response.  To show just how new I am to all this, where would I be able
to download those libraries or find them if the maven build created them?  Also, would I only
need the MapReduce ones or all of them.  Would I need the Hadoop-core.jar that doesn't appear
to be on my system anywhere?

Sorry for the very basic, newbie questions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Serge Blazhiyevskyy [mailto:Serge.Blazhiyevskyy@nice.com]
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 5:15 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org; core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop in Eclipse

If you want to test your mapper and reducers in eclipse, you can just link with hadoop libraries
in project settings.

Regards,
Serge

From: Wilson Wayne - wwilso <Wayne.Wilson@acxiom.com<mailto:Wayne.Wilson@acxiom.com>>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 16:10:17 -0600
To: "core-user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:core-user@hadoop.apache.org>" <core-user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:core-user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Hadoop in Eclipse

I'm new to Hadoop and am trying to get it setup in Eclipse.  I'm following the "Working with
Hadoop under Eclipse" wiki to do this.  First let me make sure this will do what I am hoping
it will do.  I'm not so much interested in modifying the Hadoop code itself (although I may
in the not too distant future).  I'm more looking to be able to code and test mappers and
reducers in Eclipse and leverage the debugging and other tools in Eclipse in that process.
 If that's not what the wiki is describing than let me know that and ignore my issue.  If
there is a way to do this, would you please point me to where I can find the instructions.
 If this is what the wiki is describing than I have an issue I need help with.

I've followed the directions on the Wiki and even worked through a couple of issues by searching
the archive.  However, now I've hit an error that while I did find it in the archive, the
fix that was presented is not fixing my issue.  After importing all the projects, I get a
build error: "Project 'MapReduceTools' is missing required library: 'lib/hadoop-core.jar'".
 I've added the M2_REPO variable as someone suggested in the archive where I found this error
once.  That hasn't fixed or even changed the error.  I've looked in my maven repository (c:\Users\wwilso\.m2\repository)
and there is not a "Hadoop-core.jar" anywhere in the repository that windows explorer can
find.  In fact, windows explorer can't find a "Hadoop-core.jar" anywhere on my c:\ drive.

I did my build using the directions from the wiki (got source using git in cygwin and then
executing the two maven commands in cywgin).  I did use the patch for the "scripts/saveVersion.sh"
not found error to resolve that issue.  That's the only thing I have changed from the wiki
or code.  Using Maven-3.0.4, ant-1.8.3, and protobuf-2.4.1.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks
in advance.

WAYNE WILSON
Product Technical Consultant
Acxiom Corporation
EML   wayne.wilson@acxiom.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@acxiom.com>
TEL    501.342.2870
MBL   972.984.0268
5213 Rolling Rock Dr, McKinney, TX, 75070, USA
WWW.ACXIOM.COM<http://WWW.ACXIOM.COM>

[cid:image001.gif@01CD2C6F.7A0BD440]<http://www.facebook.com/acxiomcorp>  [cid:image002.gif@01CD2C6F.7A0BD440]
<http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=2901735>   [cid:image003.gif@01CD2C6F.7A0BD440]
<http://twitter.com/acxiom>

[cid:image004.png@01CD2C6F.7A0BD440]
The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the
use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or
any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you.