From "Barry, Sean F" <sean.f.ba...@intel.com>
Subject 1gb allocated per thread for input read
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 21:17:05 GMT
*FYI this is a proof of concept cluster*

In my two node cluster that consists of
Master - Jobtracker, Datanode, Namenode, tasktracker, Secondarynamenode
And
Slave - Datenode , tasktraker

I have no more than 8g of ram on my slave and even less on the master and I am currently running
4 tasks on the slave and 2 on the master. My issue is that: is there a way where I can make
sure that no more than 1g per thread  is allocated to read a large input file for my job?

Thanks,
SB