From "Barry, Sean F" <sean.f.ba...@intel.com>
Subject UDF compiling
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:42:03 GMT
I am trying to compiling a customized WordCount UDF but I get this cannot
find symbol error when I compile. And I'm not sure how to resolve this
issue.

hduser@master:~> javac -classpath
/usr/lib/hadoop/hadoop-core-0.20.2-cdh3u3.jar WordCount.java
WordCount.java:24: error: cannot find symbol
                conf.setMapperClass(WordMapper.class);
                                    ^
  symbol:   class WordMapper
  location: class WordCount
WordCount.java:25: error: cannot find symbol
                conf.setReducerClass(SumReducer.class);
                                     ^
  symbol:   class SumReducer
  location: class WordCount
2 errors

hduser@master:~> ls
  SumReducer.class        WordMapper.class
  SumReducer.java          WordCount.java  WordMapper.java
hduser@master:~>