From Deepak Nettem <deepaknet...@gmail.com>
Subject Get Current Block or Split ID, and using it, the Block Path
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 16:16:52 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to get the 'id' of the currently executing split or block
from within the mapper? Using this block Id / split id, I want to be able
to query the namenode to get the names of hosts having that block / spllit,
and the actual path to the data.

I need this for some analytics that I'm doing. Is there a client API that
allows doing this?  If not, what's the best way to do this?

Best,
Deepak Nettem