From Merto Mertek <masmer...@gmail.com>
Subject Algorithms used in fairscheduler 0.20.205
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:34:47 GMT
I could find that the closest doc matching the current implementation of
the fairscheduler could be find in this
document<http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2009/EECS-2009-55.html>from
Matei Zaharia et al.. Another documented from delay scheduling can be
found from year 2010..

a) I am interested if there maybe exist any newer documented version of the
implementation?
b) Are there any other algorithms in addition to "delay scheduling",
"copy-compute splitting algorithm" and  "fairshare calculation algorithm"
that are important for the cluster performance and fairsharing?
c) Is there maybe any connection between copy-compute splitting and
mapreduce phases (copy-sort-reduce)?

Thank you..