From Manu S <manupk...@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS mounting issue using Hadoop-Fuse on Fully Distributed Cluster?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:50:42 GMT
Dear All,

I have installed *Hadoop-fuse* to mount the HDFS filesystem locally . I
could mount the HDFS without any issues.But I am not able to do any file
operations like *delete, copy, move* etc directly. The directory ownership
automatically changed to *nobody:nobody* while mounting.

*[root@namenode ~]# ls -ld /hdfs_mount/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 3 16:22 /hdfs_mount/

[root@namenode ~]# hadoop-fuse-dfs dfs://namenode:8020 /hdfs_mount/** **
INFO fuse_options.c:162 Adding FUSE arg /hdfs_mount/

[root@namenode ~]# ls -ld /hdfs_mount/* *
drwxrwxr-x 10 nobody nobody 4096 Apr 5 13:22 /hdfs_mount/*

I tried the same with *pseudo-distributed node*,but its working fine. I can
do any normal file operations after mounting the HDFS.

Appreciate your help on the same.

Thanks & Regards
*Manu S*
SI Engineer - OpenSource & HPC
Wipro Infotech
Mob: +91 8861302855                Skype: manuspkd