From Michel Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting a timeout for one Map() input processing
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:18:50 GMT
Multiple threads within the mapper where you have the main thread starting a timeout thread
and a process thread. Take the result of the thread that finishes first, ignoring the other
and killing it all within the Mapper.map() method? Sure it seems possible.
(you output from the time out thread is a NOOP...)

Mike Segel

On Apr 18, 2012, at 7:39 AM, Ondřej Klimpera <klimpond@fit.cvut.cz> wrote:

> Hello, I'd like to ask you if there is a possibility of setting a timeout for processing
one input line of text input in mapper function.

> The idea is, that if processing of one line is too long, Hadoop will cut this process
and continue processing next input line.