From <Shreya....@cognizant.com>
Subject RE: Image Processing in Hadoop
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 11:20:38 GMT
Ya I understand that we need to write the processing logic, what I want to know is are there
any kind of APIs that can be used for image processing,
Was reading about HIPI, is this the right API or webGL should be used?
Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Shreya

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Govoni [mailto:darren@ontrenet.com]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 4:47 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: Image Processing in Hadoop

This doesn't sound like a mapreduce[1] sort of problem. Now, of course, you can store files
in HDFS and retrieve them. But its up to your application to interpret them. MapReduce cannot
"display the corresponding door image", it is a computation scheme and performs calculations
that you provide.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MapReduce