From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: understanding hadoop job submission
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:56:36 GMT
Hi Arindam,

    hadoop jar jarFileName MainClassName

The above command will not submit the job. This command only executes the jar file using the
Main Class(Main-class present in manifest info if available otherwise class name(i.e MainClassName
in the above command) passed as an argument. If we give any additional arguments in the command,
those will be passed to the Main class args.

   We can have a job submission code in the Main Class or any of the classes in the jar file.
You can take a look into WordCount example for job submission info.

From: Arindam Choudhury [arindamchoudhury0@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:14 PM
To: common-user
Subject: understanding hadoop job submission

I am new to hadoop and I am trying to understand hadoop job submission.

We submit the job using:

hadoop jar some.jar name input output

this in turn invoke the RunJar . But in RunJar I can not find any
JobSubmit() or any call to JobClient.

Then, how the job gets submitted to the JobTracker?

View raw message