From Patai Sangbutsarakum <Patai.Sangbutsara...@turn.com>
Subject Re: rack awareness and safemode
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:38:12 GMT
Thanks for your reply and script. Hopefully it still apply to 0.20.203
As far as I play with test cluster. The balancer would take care of
replica placement.
I just don't want to fall into the situation that the hdfs sit in the
for hours and users can't use hadoop and start yelping.

Let's hear from others.

On 3/20/12 1:27 PM, "John Meagher" <john.meagher@gmail.com> wrote:

>ere's the script I used (all sorts of caveats about it assuming a
>replication factor of 3 and no real error handling, etc)...
>for f in `hadoop fsck / | grep "Replica placement policy is violated"
>| head -n80000 | awk -F: '{print $1}'`; do
>    hadoop fs -setrep -w 4 $f
>    hadoop fs -setrep 3 $f

View raw message